a
a
a

Search Results

Regulations around handling money

Posted date : May 10, 2023

Our newly appointed HOA president at our home in Florida is on a kick about “Canadians aren’t allowed to handle money in the U.S.” I know it is as ridiculous as it sounds.

Read more...

PST SK Travel Insurance Premiums

Posted date : Aug 19, 2019

In the recent 2017 budget, the government of Saskatchewan announced that it was raising the rate of the provincial sales tax (PST) from five per cent to six per cent

Read more...

Canada Club

Posted date : Jun 28, 2019

Canada Club! Listings Canada Club! listings have been brought to you by the Canadian Snowbird Association in order to promote and enhance the snowbird lifestyle by acting as the facilitator of communications between Canadian snowbirds while temporarily resident in foreign countries. If you host a Canada Club! event that you’d like to grow, or would […]

Read more...

Join CSA

Posted date : Dec 12, 2017

The Canadian Snowbird Association is a national not-for-profit advocacy organization dedicated to actively defending and improving the rights and privileges of travelling Canadians.   We need your help! The greater the membership, the more powerful and effective voice we cast against provincial, state and federal governments when lobbying for the rights of all travelling Canadians, […]

Read more...

Events

Posted date : Nov 27, 2017

Snowbird Extravaganzas, Snowbird Lifestyle Presentations and CSA Winter Information Meetings are a mixture of information, education and entertainment, with featured performances by world-class entertainers. Our Snowbird Events are always open to the public, and admission is always FREE.

Read more...

Events

Posted date : Nov 22, 2017

Snowbird Lifestyle Presentations coming this September, across Canada! Snowbird Extravaganza and the CSA Winter Information Meetings will return in 2024.

Read more...

Thank you for coming……

Posted date : Nov 13, 2017

Dear bird talk, I find bird talk enjoyable and useful, thought you might like to hear what our border guard at Sarnia, ON said last September when we entered Michigan for a week of camping with friends. After he asked if we had fruit, etc. he waved us on with, “thank you for coming.” that […]

Read more...

CANPASS Clarification

Posted date : Nov 13, 2017

Paul Jenkins, CSA’s vice-president, advised us that there has been some misunderstanding of the CANPASS program. CANPASS is a photo identification card that has been designed primarily for frequent border crossings (i.e. people who live in Canada and work in the U.S., or people in “border towns” who go to the States to shop weekly, […]

Read more...

Medipac Travel Insurance – Happy Customers

Posted date : Nov 7, 2017

Dear Bird Talk, I would like to share with Canadian Snowbird Association members our experience this past spring with Medipac Insurance. We had just begun our return to Canada from a five-month stay in south Texas and chose to stop for our first night at Shreveport/Bossier City, Louisiana. About midnight, my husband Steve awoke with […]

Read more...

Renew your license!

Posted date : Nov 6, 2017

Dear Bird Talk, Imagine our surprise when my wife was stopped and ticketed for driving without a licence – $400 plus. We had somehow forgotten to submit an eye exam and in our absence, the second request – warning that if we don’t submit same, the licence will be revoked and the actual revocation sent […]

Read more...

© Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy|Terms & Conditions