a
a
a

Search Results

Snowbirds in Florida

Posted date : Jul 23, 2021

To all those who didn’t heed the directions of the Canadian government and left the country anyway − you were warned that it is a changing environment and that rules could change when you are away, as the pandemic changes. The spring Bird Talk only had letters from the group that are complaining about the quarantine and testing requirements…..

Read more...

National Post – Letter to the Editor

Posted date : Oct 13, 2020

Re: Snowbirds should fly away on their own dime, not the taxpayers’……One of the fundamental issues with Chris Selley’s piece is his mischaracterization of emergency out-of-country health coverage as a subsidy. To be clear, this coverage is not a government handout.

Read more...

Border crossing

Posted date : May 13, 2019

I took particular note of your editor’s comment in the fall issue which stated, “I have found no rationale for the many and varied decisions given by border guards.” You are so right! Here is a classic example. My wife and I spend just less than six months each winter in California from late October […]

Read more...

CSA Travel Information Guide

Posted date : Nov 13, 2017

Dear Bird Talk, On page 50 of “The CSA Travel Information Guide” 2011 Edition, it says, “Typical work that may not be performed includes: In a condominium, mobile home or manufactured home community, receiving “cash” or reduced/free rent and/or maintenance fees for the season in exchange for: Park office clerical duties Park grounds maintenance Park […]

Read more...

Retired Persons Visa

Dear Bird Talk, My summer edition of CSANews just arrived today and I have read it from cover to cover. I believe it was one of the most interesting and informative issues I have read during my years as a CSA member. First off, the Editor’s Message was very enlightening. Then the various letters on […]

Read more...

Florida Property Taxes

Dear Bird Talk: I’m a Canadian snowbird that owns a condo in the Broward County (Pompano Beach) in Florida. My property taxes, and those of other snowbirds, Canadian or Americans, will go up from 19% to 53% while that of the Homesteaders will not rise above 3% while having always enjoyed an ongoing rate of […]

Read more...

Political Advertisements

Dear Bird Talk, I was very surprised to see an ad for the Ontario PC Party on the back page of the Fall issue of CSANews. I don’t believe it is in the best interests of the Association to accept advertisements from any political party anywhere in Canada. An ad like this appears to give […]

Read more...

Standard General Election Date

Dear Bird Talk, Am I missing something here, or are you and some CSA members spending too much time in the United States and thus losing touch with our parliamentary system? In the fall 2001 issue 40, you print a letter from H. Steeves suggesting a standard general election date of every four years in […]

Read more...

Strong Dollar, High Premiums?

Posted date : Nov 7, 2017

Dear Bird Talk: I was interested in reading your Editor’s Message in the winter issue of CSANews (issue 65). There is no doubt that the Canadian dollar is buying much more than it did in even the recent past. All snowbirds hope that the rates of exchange stay where they are for many years to […]

Read more...

Medical Conditions – Know Them of All

Posted date : Nov 7, 2017

Dear Bird Talk, This is in response to the member who wrote a letter in the summer edition regarding an Insurance Company that had a clause in its policy stating that the patient should know of all medical conditions he or she might have, and therefore he was not covered by insurance. The editors are […]

Read more...

© Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy|Terms & Conditions