a
a
a

Search Results

Moving Back Home

Posted date : Dec 20, 2023

With reference to Sandi Elliot asking Bird Talk about selling your U.S. home and moving some of the belongings that you acquired while living in the U.S. back to Canada.

Read more...

RV Long-Term Storage in the U.S.

Posted date : Dec 20, 2023

As a followup to the email in the fall edition’s Bird Talk about leaving a Canadian-registered RV (or boat) in the U.S. for a long period, even more important is the six-month rule. We were planning to leave our B.C.-

Read more...

PSHCP AND PSDCP TRANSITION

Posted date : Sep 14, 2023

I have chatted recently with several military and RCMP retirees about the change of health-care providers, from Sun Life to Canada Life. There is yet much confusion and frustration regarding the overall transition…

Read more...

Bird Talk response

Posted date : Sep 14, 2023

During your visit to the United States, you may visit Canada or Mexico for up to 30 days and re-enter the United States, if you re-enter within the timeframe…

Read more...

CSANews and Bird Talk

Posted date : Aug 2, 2023

I just read (cover to cover) the spring issue. Absolutely invaluable info for newbies, as well as grizzled vets!

Read more...

Capital gains for mobile home sale

Posted date : Aug 2, 2023

In your spring 2023 edition, in the Bird Talk section, there was a question from Mr. William Gordon who
wanted to know if there were any capital gains to be repaid following the sale of their mobile home on
leased land…

Read more...

Netflix debacle

Posted date : May 10, 2023

I’m hoping that you can answer a question that many, if not most, snowbirds have. Netflix is working on eliminating the number of accounts that have free riders….

Read more...

Issue 122

Posted date : May 11, 2022

CSANews Issue 122 – Spring 2022 Edition | In this Issue :- BIRDWATCHING ON VACATION, POLITICS AND YOUR PORTFOLIO, Birdtalk

Read more...

Snowbirds in Florida

Posted date : Jul 23, 2021

To all those who didn’t heed the directions of the Canadian government and left the country anyway − you were warned that it is a changing environment and that rules could change when you are away, as the pandemic changes. The spring Bird Talk only had letters from the group that are complaining about the quarantine and testing requirements…..

Read more...

I-94 Form − problem every time at land border − what can be done?

Posted date : Jul 23, 2021

Is the CSA even aware of the Form I-94, as I never see any articles or questions about it? This form states how long a Canadian can spend in the U.S. and, every time I cross the border, people set it for only 90 days! It is so frustrating! Last time I asked a border security person to make it April 1, and he said that he had “no clue what I was talking about”!?

Read more...

© Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy|Terms & Conditions