a
a
a

Search Results

N95 masks

Posted date : Dec 20, 2023

I applaud Ross Quigley’s editorial extolling the virtues of the N95 mask to combat the smoke and residue spewing from forest fires. However, if space allowed, I’m sure that he would have alerted readers to the dangers of Valley Fever. This a disease that is endemic to the desert states such as Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada and California

Read more...

Closer Connection Form 8840

Posted date : Jul 23, 2021

I’m writing to find out what I’m missing, based on the below excerpt from the 2020 Form 8840. It specifically states on page 3, that: “… you will not be treated as a U.S. resident for 2020…

Read more...

Drug Recall – Valsartan

Posted date : Aug 19, 2019

Several drugs containing the ingredient Valsartan are being recalled by their manufacturers. A potential carcinogenic impurity was found in the Valsartan used in these products which could cause health problems as a result of long-term exposure.

Read more...

Subtracting Time From My “Six Months”

Posted date : Nov 13, 2017

Dear Bird Talk: In issue # 75 under Snowbird Alert, you wrote that spending a week or two at home for the holidays would not be subtracted from the total days allowed. My question is – if I return home for four to six weeks, can I subtract this time from the “six months less […]

Read more...

Beware of OHIP Coverage when Travelling

Posted date : Nov 7, 2017

Dear Bird Talk: I hope you will consider alerting other snowbirds to a terrible experience we had down south this winter. My friend was not feeling well, so I took her to the hospital. We were told that we could use their fast-track facility, which is like a clinic. After registering with the receptionist, she […]

Read more...

Innacurate Information About Florida License Renewal

Posted date : Nov 6, 2017

The Snowbird Alert information on page 6 of issue 73 is not accurate. The “renewal” of a Florida driver’s license is straightforward. Canadians who already have a license are grandfathered and with the exception that it is now $48/year; can renew yearly. The new rules referred to in the article are applicable to new applicants […]

Read more...

Mail Forward

Posted date : Nov 4, 2017

Dear Bird Talk, Thank you for the latest CSA Special Report, which arrived recently. Having been visitors to Florida on a regular basis, each winter since 1991, we have had our mail forwarded by Canada Post for a period of almost six months each time. The service we have received from the Oakville Post Office […]

Read more...

Money Transfer Issue in the US

Dear Bird Talk, Please check the following information and alert our fellow Snowbirds of the following problems. I have been trying to transfer money from my Canadian bank U.S. Dollar account into my account in the Chase Bank in Arizona. They have instituted a new policy whereby it now takes fro 4 to 6 weeks […]

Read more...

Warning! Unjust Bank Charges

Dear Sirs: I recently had a disturbing banking experience with Bank of America in Fort Myers, Florida. A normal deposit of $4,000.00 USD from my local U.S. Dollar account at TD Canada Trust was hit with a transaction deduction and service charges of $110.00 USD, on the pretense that it was a banker’s “collection item” […]

Read more...

© Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy|Terms & Conditions