CSANews Issue 74 / Bird Talk

Issue 74 Spring 2010
Back  

Credit Card ZIP Code Tip
Posted date : May 27, 2010.
Credit Card ZIP Code Tip - Dear Bird Talk,Like many other people, I had the problem of not being able to use my credit card at the gas pumps in Florida because I did not....   Read more...

Cross Border Car Purchasing
Cross Border Car Purchasing - Since I have a condo in Florida, I wonder if I can buy a car there and use it in Canada as my normal car, without having to make any transfer.....   Read more...

Form 8840
Form 8840 - Dear Bird Talk,Re: Form 8840Is this form mandatory or a nice-to-do thing?F. HelminkTerrace Bay, ON ; ....   Read more...

Licence Plate Programs/Canadian Credit Cards/Provincial Travel Insurance
Licence Plate Programs/Canadian Credit Cards/Provincial Travel Insurance - Dear Bird Talk,Suggest that you would assist snowbirds in Florida if you could integrate this licence plate program with help in getting ser....   Read more...

American ZIP Code Tip
American ZIP Code Tip - Dear Bird Talk, Thanks for the information on the Florida SunPass. When registering online, the system asks for the zip code for both ....   Read more...

Arizona Vehicle Identification Cards
Arizona Vehicle Identification Cards - Dear Bird Talk, Thanks for the e-mail with the information as to location and dates for your winter show/gathering in Greater Phoenix. I ....   Read more...

Snowbird Extravaganza for "Mature Lifestyles"
Snowbird Extravaganza for "Mature Lifestyles" - Dear Bird Talk,Re: Snowbird ExtravaganzaYou are billing it as being for "mature lifestyles." What does that mean? Senior citizens? Or do you mean ....   Read more...

Innacurate Information About Florida License Renewal
Innacurate Information About Florida License Renewal - The Snowbird Alert information on page 6 of issue 73 is not accurate. The "renewal" of a Florida driver's license is straightforward. Canadians wh....   Read more...

Harmonized Sales Tax
Harmonized Sales Tax - Dear Bird Talk, I have not seen anything from the snowbird organization commenting on the effect of this tax on seniors?G. WaddenPetawawa,....   Read more...

Cross Border Estate Inheritance
Cross Border Estate Inheritance - A few months ago, my brother passed away. Although his will, drawn up in Ontario, clearly specifies that my husband and I are the benefici....   Read more...

Declaring Fruit at the Border
Declaring Fruit at the Border - Dear Bird Talk,Just a reminder to not have any fruit in the car when crossing the border. If asked about fruit, and one does not declare ....   Read more...

How long can we stay in the USA?
How long can we stay in the USA? - How many months are we allowed to stay in the U.S. coming from Ontario? I have heard six and seven months. Thanks, C. Edmonds Milton....   Read more...

Prescription Drugs For Longer Visits
Prescription Drugs For Longer Visits - Dear Bird Talk,Re: the comment submitted by SE Leslie regarding medications over 90 days.I have never had a problem getting 4.5 months of prescrip....   Read more...

Prolonged Stays in the USA/Homeland Security/Income Taxes
Prolonged Stays in the USA/Homeland Security/Income Taxes - I am not sure that the advice you gave William in B.C. is correct regarding prolonged stays in the U.S. with respect to consequences from the U.S. gov....   Read more...

Bowser and Blue
Bowser and Blue - This was our first year to attend the Canadian Snowbird Meeting in Yuma, Arizona.I wanted to let you know just how much we enjoyed it. The informa....   Read more...