CSANews Issue 75 / Health Pulse

Issue 75 Summer 2010
Back  

Country Doctor
Posted date : Jul 20, 2010.
I was in grade 7 when I read a book about how Dr. Fredrick Banting and Dr. Charles Best discovered insulin and restored the lives of thousands of sick people with diabetes. It was probably the first time that I thought I might like to be a doctor some day. And it was during medical school at Queen’s in the early 60s that I knew I wanted to start my career as a country doctor. Country Doctor - Dr. MacMillan started his career as a country doctor. He then practised family medicine in Peterborough, Ontario, for 15 years before joining ....   Read more...

Moderate Coffee and Tea Consumption
Moderate Coffee and Tea Consumption - A recent study has shown that moderate coffee and tea consumption reduces the risk of heart disease. The study, led by physicians and researchers ....   Read more...

What Makes Retirees Really Happy?
What Makes Retirees Really Happy? - You may or may not be surprised. A recent study shows that strong social ties are the key to a happy retirement; more so than having grandchildren. A ....   Read more...

Should You Take Aspirin During a Suspected Heart Attack?
Should You Take Aspirin During a Suspected Heart Attack? - Some sources claim that taking an aspirin during a suspected heart attack greatly increases one's chances of survival. According to the Heart and ....   Read more...