CSANews Issue 77 / Health Pulse

Issue 77 Winter 2010
Back  

What's Your Hobby?
Posted date : Dec 16, 2010.
What's Your Hobby? - Last summer, as I was busy in my shop attaching the radiator to my 1928 Ford Model A roadster, my neighbour stopped by to "supervise" my resto....   Read more...

Eat More Fish!
Posted date : Dec 06, 2010.
Eat More Fish! - Men who eat dark fish are 57% less likely to develop aggressive prostate cancer than men who eat no fish at all. Omega-3 fatty acids are abundant in f....   Read more...

Sunshine Alone Won’t Provide Enough Vitamin D
Sunshine Alone Won’t Provide Enough Vitamin D - Your creates vitamin D from exposure to the sun but, as we age, our bodies are less efficient at converting ultraviolet light into vitami....   Read more...

H1N1 (2009) Virus Downgraded to Post-pandemic Status
H1N1 (2009) Virus Downgraded to Post-pandemic Status - As of August 10, 2010, the World Health Organization (WHO) has declared that the H1N1 (2009) virus - or "swine flu" - has moved to the post-pandemic p....   Read more...

Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy
Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy - According to a series of new Canadian-led medical trials, a new implantable device has the potential to help patients with heart failure better than s....   Read more...

Scared of Needles? Pick Your Nose!
Scared of Needles? Pick Your Nose! - If you dread your annual flu shot because you know that you'll have to deal with a needle, there's a new product on the market that may help y....   Read more...

Don't Let the Bedbugs Bite!
Don't Let the Bedbugs Bite! - Bedbug infestations are becoming more common in North America, particularly in places with higher rates of human traffic, such as hotels and shopping ....   Read more...