CSA Articles / Letter from the Editor

Back  

A Public Thank You to All Medipac Employees
Posted date : Sep 01, 2011.
EXPLORE NEW MEXICO TAX-FREE SAVINGS ACCOUNTS GET READY TO HEAD SOUTH A Public Thank You to All Medipac Employees - Medipac is setting new records in almost every area of our business. For the past two months, everyone has been working long hours and into the ni....   Read more...

Editor's Message
Posted date : Jul 08, 2011.
Tour the Emerald Isle Affordable RVing The Facts About Incontinence Editor's Message - The circle is complete! Over the last few issues, we have received both eloquent and atrocious pleas to stay out of politics, to fire Michael ....   Read more...

Editor's Message
Posted date : May 06, 2011.
A Better Way To Give Yummy Avocados Helping Your Doctor Help You Editor's Message - My father would have said, "Gee Willikers!"; that was his way of saying "unbelievable." Over a few days in early May, we had both the final ch....   Read more...

Letter From the Editor
Posted date : Dec 16, 2010.
Mexico Riding the Rails Emerging Markets Letter From the Editor - Are you there yet? My goodness, if you are one of the lucky people from one of the western provinces, you are sitting in Arizona, Texas or....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor
Posted date : Oct 01, 2010.
Seeking Adventure? Deciphering Dividends What Are You Taking? Letter from the Editor - What a response! You have outdone yourselves, again, and sent in almost 1,500 responses to our Spring CSANews Survey. With the price of po....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor Issue 75
Posted date : Jul 20, 2010.
Visit Holland Rising Interest Rates Winter Down Under Letter from the Editor Issue 75 - It's a great time to be a Canadian! We seem to have, so far, escaped the plagues infecting the rest of the world. Our currency and financi....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor Issue 74
Posted date : May 27, 2010.
Ontario Snowbirds Can Now Vote! BC Island Playground GERD - Get Treated! Letter from the Editor Issue 74 - Thank heavens that we are Canadian!Most of the world around us seems to have gone mad or bankrupt or both, and I believe that we are just seeing t....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor Issue 73
Posted date : Dec 12, 2009.
10 Symptoms you should not ignore HST Lakeland Letter from the Editor Issue 73 - Things are hopping in our snowbird community. We have a new CSA director in Marianna Pupulin, Medipac Assist has hired a new doctor (that makes fi....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor Issue 72
Posted date : Sep 22, 2009.
Get your health together Scary Stuff! St. Augustine Wintering in Barbados Letter from the Editor Issue 72 - The tall ships have left Halifax, Toronto's Canadian National Exhibition is over, the Calgary Stampede is history and Vancouver is experie....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor Issue 71
Posted date : Jul 21, 2009.
Early Bird Travel Insurance Fix your Retirement Eating Healthy Letter from the Editor Issue 71 - It's 100 out there; we are in Florida and it is HOT. Even the ocean, which usually provides a little relief, is extra warm, but you wi....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor Issue 70
Posted date : Apr 30, 2009.
Explore Alberta Immunization for Adults Protect Yourself from Identity Theft Letter from the Editor Issue 70 - Happy spring! And I hope that your taxes are filed and your gardens are blooming. The first goldfinches showed up today, along with a cranky,....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor Issue 69
Posted date : Dec 23, 2008.
Mrytle Beach High Blood Pressure Roads, Walls and Wheels - North England Letter from the Editor Issue 69 - Whew! Just in time! The price of gas came down from the stratosphere to the merely exorbitant level of a buck a litre, just in time for the annual....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor Issue 68
Posted date : Sep 19, 2008.
Taking Care of Your Skin The Allure of Oaxaca Mexico And the Survey Says.... Letter from the Editor Issue 68 - This is your chance, again! ; ....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor Issue 67
Posted date : Jul 22, 2008.
South Africa Colorectal Cancer Medipac Early Bird Letter from the Editor Issue 67 - The year 1956 was a great year! My first real car was a 1956 Jaguar XK140 (an MCDHC, for those who know about these things) at the enormous cost o....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor Issue 66
Posted date : May 24, 2008.
Birding for Beginners Peter Appleyard Eating Healthy for Seniors Letter from the Editor Issue 66 - For 10 years now, the pundits have been saying that snowbird travel was growing due to the "baby boomer" effect. We have politely disagreed with t....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor Issue 65
Posted date : May 22, 2008.
The Amazing Canadian Dollar Florida Tax Crisis Accidents: Causes and Prevention Letter from the Editor Issue 65 - Here comes Santa Claus...here comes Santa Claus...right down Santa Claus Lane! Loonie and Toonie and all of his reindeer are pulling on the reins. Bel....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor Issue 64
Posted date : Oct 17, 2007.
Living in Lake Chapala Heart Attach - Prevention and Treatment Dave Hunter Makes His Way through Switzerland Letter from the Editor Issue 64 - Patricia, Chris, Paula and I are just leaving Newfoundland – reluctantly. This was my first trip to Newfoundland and we will all, definitely, be goi....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor Issue 63
Posted date : Aug 07, 2007.
Southern Gardening in the North Discover Ontario Healthy Hors d'Oeuvres and Matching Wines Letter from the Editor Issue 63 - Twenty-five bucks is a lot of money for a piece of paper! But when it is a CSA membership card, you and your spouse bought some of the best insurance ....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor Issue 62
Posted date : Jun 06, 2007.
CSA Break - Through The Yukon Blood Cholesterol Letter from the Editor Issue 62 - It's almost overwhelming! We fought, and cajoled, and begged the Liberal federal government for almost 15 years to listen to CSA's needs. They refused....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor Issue 61
Posted date : Jun 01, 2007.
Meet Dr. Beach Drive To Bermuda? See Me, Hear Me Letter from the Editor Issue 61 - Merry Christmas! There! I have said it!Happy Hanukkah! There! I have said that, too! Eid Saeed! You should look this one up!Happy Lohri! Light my fir....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor Issue 60
Posted date : May 30, 2007.
Snowbird Side-trips Osteoarthritis Treatment A Leader Speaks Letter from the Editor Issue 60 - The Age of the Snowbird" is upon us. It is our time. After almost 15 years of lobbying and letter writing and meetings with politicians, including one....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor Issue 59
Posted date : May 28, 2007.
Access to Good Medical Care Tunisia Snowbird Interview Letter from the Editor Issue 59 - Is it just my imagination, or has it really become a little easier to cross the U. S. - Canada border? I flew to California last week to pick up a car....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor Issue 58
Posted date : May 27, 2007.
Newfoundland and Labrador The Wired Snowbird III: Laptop Shopping Tips Dr. Bob's Top 10 list for Healthy Aging Letter from the Editor Issue 58 - One day I would like to stand where our cover person is standing – alone, or even better, with someone to share it – at the very edge of another n....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor Issue 57
Posted date : May 25, 2007.
America's Great Southwest Power to Prevent and Control Diabetes Louisiana Rebirth Letter from the Editor Issue 57 - A light dusting of snow is covering the world on this beautiful sunny Canadian day. A striking cardinal sits high in a tree watching over his mate as ....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor Issue 56
Posted date : May 23, 2007.
New Zealand Along Florida's Highways & Byways US-VISIT update Letter from the Editor Issue 56 - The first words of this issue should be from all of us."Congratulations to the nominees for the Canadian Snowbird Association, 2006 – 2008, Board of....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor Issue 55
Posted date : May 20, 2007.
Portugal Healthy Minds For thy Sake, Tobacco Letter from the Editor Issue 55 - The Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada is one of our most important and effective charities. For more than 50 years, the Foundation has worked in c....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor Issue 54
Posted date : May 17, 2007.
Visit Manitoba - Canada at its best Medical Screening The Wired Snowbird Letter from the Editor Issue 54 - What has happened to our CSA issues? During this period of minority government in Canada, we have not even been able to get a simple budget passed to ....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor Issue 53
Posted date : May 16, 2007.
Southern Shopping Real Estate Purchases and Sales See what Missouri has to offer! Letter from the Editor Issue 53 - We need more time. Picture this rather simple scene. You are walking down Main Street, filled with an abundance of Thanksgiving turkey, and wearing yo....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor Issue 52
Posted date : May 15, 2007.
Hurricane Charley Tantalizing Tales RVing in Mexico Letter from the Editor Issue 52 - The media frenzy is over - Hurricane Charley is history! This disastrous event of Mother Nature led to billions of dollars in damage, approximately 20....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor Issue 51
Posted date : May 10, 2007.
Snowbird Stats Hints and tips Myth and Reality Letter from the Editor Issue 51 - For several weeks now, we have been looking for Blue Flax. For the uninitiated, Blue Flax is a perennial flower that opens its fragile petals every mo....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor Issue 50
Posted date : May 05, 2007.
Retiree Visa Stillborn TIA and Stroke Canada Clubs! Letter from the Editor Issue 50 - Today is Mother's Day, or at least it was when I sat down to write this Editor's note. My wife, Patricia (a mother, of course) is urging me to get dow....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor Issue 49
Posted date : May 02, 2007.
Flying Machine Louisiana Andropause Letter from the Editor Issue 49 - Early this morning, as I arrived for work, I was greeted by about thirty Canada Geese who had stopped for a rest on their way South. They were a somew....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor Issue 48
Posted date : Apr 25, 2007.
Osteoporosis Omega-3 Oils Australia Letter from the Editor Issue 48 - I am buried in your survey responses and Early Bird Insurance applications. And I am happy. Medipac is in the midst of another record year for tra....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor Issue 47
Posted date : Apr 20, 2007.
Diabetes Therapy Lives Changed Speaking with "The Experts" Letter from the Editor Issue 47 - Happy Birthday, Canada! Happy Birthday, United States of America! It must be summertime – wonderful fireworks shows, sweltering days in the sun and ....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor Issue 46
Posted date : Apr 15, 2007.
Winter Event Wrap-up Health-Care Funding Benefit Spotlight Letter from the Editor Issue 46 - Welcome Home! Most of our snowbird readers are now in Canada and they returned to Snow (due to global warming, no doubt)! SARS! Iraq and North Korea a....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor Issue 45
Posted date : Apr 12, 2007.
Considering Romanow Popular Natural Health Products The Canadian Travellers' Report Card Letter from the Editor Issue 45 - It is probably not very "editor-like," but I want to remember an old friend who recently passed on. John Jeannerret, for over ten years, had been the ....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor Issue 44
Posted date : Apr 09, 2007.
Watching the Romanow Commission Canadian Travellers' Report Card Driving South - Make Sure You Get There Safely Letter from the Editor Issue 44 - Well, we're back! Hopefully you will have had time to read our Summer issue which was really delivered in the Fall, as you obviously noticed. This is ....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor Issue 43
Posted date : Apr 06, 2007.
Acupuncture - Ancient Alternative to Modern Medicine RV Parks - Despite Appearances there is a Difference Staying In Touch - A CSA Online Success Story Letter from the Editor Issue 43 - We have all watched in frustration, over the past number of years, as the Provincial Governments have slowly eroded our Canadian medical care system a....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor Issue 42
Posted date : Apr 05, 2007.
Life after Work: Changing careers after Retirement President's Award: CSA Members Honoured Letter from the Editor Issue 42 - From the CSA's humble beginnings in Lakeland, Florida in March of 1992, an exciting decade of action followed. Hard work, along with the dedication of....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor Issue 41
Posted date : Apr 03, 2007.
Bob Jackson Tribute Dear Mr. Romanow Delta Flight 15 Letter from the Editor Issue 41 - I still remember my first experience with a "summer" Christmas ­ what a strange feeling. The whole family was in Florida, basking in the hot sun, and....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor Issue 40
Posted date : Apr 01, 2007.
The New Border A Legend "Earl Warren" Elder Abuse Letter from the Editor Issue 40 - Sometimes, an event occurs that has the potential to change our entire world. The unbelievable destruction we witnessed on September 11 is now part of....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor Issue 39
Posted date : Mar 09, 2007.
Simpler Border Crossing? Adventures on the High Seas Who We Really Are: The Survey Says... Letter from the Editor Issue 39 - Where has our summer gone? The days seem to just slip by so quickly and effortlessly. I managed to play one game of golf, read one book, went to the c....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor Issue 38
Posted date : Mar 08, 2007.
Member Survey The Real Mexico Snowbird Lifestyle Profile Letter from the Editor Issue 38 - "I love it when a plan comes together." This often-repeated statement comes from an old weekly TV series called "The A-Team." It was about a bunch of ....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor Issue 37
Posted date : Mar 07, 2007.
PSA Test Controversy Annual General Meeting Medical Breakthroughs Letter from the Editor Issue 37 - Well, our millennium year is coming to a close. Y2K is simply a footnote in our history and the Internet has taken over our world, as we know it. What....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor Issue 36
Posted date : Mar 06, 2007.
CSA Grass Roots Campaign Crossing the U.S. Border Migraine Headache Treatments Letter from the Editor Issue 36 - Awarm welcome to Barry Lavalley who has written one of our feature "Lifestyle" articles this issue and, of course, we always turn to Dave Hunter, the ....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor Issue 35
Posted date : Mar 05, 2007.
CSA on the Web! CSA Annual General Meeting New hope for Parkinson's Patients Letter from the Editor Issue 35 - We're late! Our spring issue just did not get together in time for a reasonable publication date, and we've decided to put out three issues of CSA New....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor Issue 34
Posted date : Mar 04, 2007.
A Century in Review Another View of the Sun Belt Branson Hosts Canada Feast Letter from the Editor Issue 34 - In the blink of an eye, the Christmas holiday season will be past and we will enter a new millennium. The crackpots will be predicting the end of the ....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor Issue 33
Posted date : Mar 03, 2007.
Take the Guesswork Out of Traveling South! Letter from the Editor Issue 33 - Happy Thanksgiving! It has just occurred to me that many snowbirds have the rare pleasure of celebrating Thanksgiving Day twice, once in Canada and on....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor Issue 32
Posted date : Mar 02, 2007.
CSA Hits a hole-In-One! Golf program New Zealand: A Snowbird Destination? Medipac Answers Your Travel Insurance Questions Letter from the Editor Issue 32 - As we approach the end of the dog days of summer, I tend to reflect upon the happenings of the last few months. Canada saw three provincial electi....   Read more...

Letter from the Editor Issue 31
Posted date : Mar 01, 2007.
CSA in Full Bloom! Letter from the Editor Issue 31 - Spring is in full bloom! People are sailing in Vancouver and Victoria, Toronto's boardwalk and University Avenue are a continuous parade of young peop....   Read more...