CSA Articles / Bird Talk

Back  

Substantial Presence Test
Posted date : Sep 02, 2011.
Substantial Presence Test - Dear Bird Talk,Re: Substantial presence testDoes anyone know whether day trips to the USA to buy gas, shop or play a round of golf are used in calcula....   Read more...

Politics in CSANews
Politics in CSANews - Dear Bird Talk,We really look forward to our copy of CSANews, and fully understand Ross Quigley's point in the summer 2011 issue. A large part of ....   Read more...

Retired Persons Visa
Retired Persons Visa - Dear Bird Talk,My summer edition of CSANews just arrived today and I have read it from cover to cover. I believe it was one of the most interesting an....   Read more...

Airfare Refunds with TD Visa
Airfare Refunds with TD Visa - Dear Bird Talk,I wish to advise you of a situation that I encountered this past April. My husband had to be flown home to Toronto from Florida by air ....   Read more...

Problems With Insurance Claims
Problems With Insurance Claims - Dear Bird Talk,We are 11-year snowbirds to Florida. Last winter, we changed our emergency travel insurance to [name of insurance company omitted]. By ....   Read more...

Car Insurance Limits in the USA
Car Insurance Limits in the USA - Dear Bird Talk,I read with interest the article in Bird Talk regarding car insurance and was petrified that I probably was driving in the U.S. potenti....   Read more...

Credit Card Fees
Credit Card Fees - Dear Bird Talk,Today, I spoke to a different person at Belk customer service regarding the bill with penalties which I received. This person agreed to....   Read more...

Length of Stay
Posted date : Jul 08, 2011.
Length of Stay - I travel to Arizona for six months every winter and also cross the border to shop in the summer months. A friend told me that every border-crossing fo....   Read more...

Special Car Insurance Needed for Snowbirds
Special Car Insurance Needed for Snowbirds - I have been following up with The Co-operators since the article in the winter magazine. They have been giving confusing information until finally,....   Read more...

Subtracting Time From Six Months
Subtracting Time From Six Months - I sit in dismay, having read your response re: subtracting time from six months. You say that a fewer-than-30-day return to Canada cannot be subtr....   Read more...

Changes to Length of Stay
Posted date : May 06, 2011.
Changes to Length of Stay - Dear Bird Talk,We keep hearing from friends that the U.S. is trying to change the length-of-stay time from 182 days to a maximum stay of 120 days ....   Read more...

Prescriptions
Prescriptions - Dear Bird Talk,This will be our first time being snowbirds for a couple of months. We are wondering how people deal with their repeat prescription....   Read more...

Re: Papers Please, laws
Re: Papers Please, laws - Dear Bird Talk,The Arizona SB 1070-style laws seem to have won the recent election in many states, Florida included. Are you tracking this iss....   Read more...

A Horror Story Averted!
A Horror Story Averted! - Dear Bird Talk,Ross Quigley's article in the summer 2010 edition of CSANews ('Let me first say that Medipac is fine!') hit the nail on....   Read more...

Changes to Length of Stay
Posted date : Dec 06, 2010.
Changes to Length of Stay - Dear Bird Talk:Re: Changes to length of stayWe keep hearing from friends that the U.S. is trying to change the length-of-stay time from 182 days to a ....   Read more...

Subtracting Time From My "Six Months"
Subtracting Time From My "Six Months" - Dear Bird Talk:In issue # 75 under Snowbird Alert, you wrote that spending a week or two at home for the holidays would not be subtracted from the tot....   Read more...

CSA Placemats
CSA Placemats - Dear Mr. Brissenden,Thank you very much for the CSA placemats which I received. I run the Wednesday night cookouts at Redington Towers in Redington Sh....   Read more...

Problems With Progress Energy
Problems With Progress Energy - Dear Bird Talk;As we prepare for our travels to the sunny south, I usually make all of the calls in preparation; i.e. calls to phone, electric, newspa....   Read more...

Travelling With Pets
Travelling With Pets - Dear Bird Talk:Re: Travel with petsI found, to my chagrin, that WestJet, the company I prefer to use, will not take an animal between May and October.....   Read more...

Are You Insured While In Florida For Six Months?
Are You Insured While In Florida For Six Months? - Dear Bird Talk: ARE YOU INSURED WHILE IN FLORIDA FOR SIX MONTHS?You can imagine my surprise when I walked into the local Co-Operators office to p....   Read more...

Credit Cards At U.S. Gas Pumps
Credit Cards At U.S. Gas Pumps - Dear Bird Talk:Re: Using Credit Cards at Gas PumpsAt one time, I heard that if you are using your credit card at the pump and it asks for a zip code, ....   Read more...

Provincial Picnics at Fort DeSoto
Provincial Picnics at Fort DeSoto - Dear Bird Talk:For a number of years, we have attended and enjoyed the Prince Edward Island picnic held annually at Fort DeSoto Park in Florida. We un....   Read more...

Valley Fever
Posted date : Sep 17, 2010.
Valley Fever - Dear Bird Talk,I have been a user of this coverage (Medipac) for the past five years during our stays at our home base while in the U.S., Apac....   Read more...

Taking Pets Across the Border
Taking Pets Across the Border - Dear Bird Talk,My wife and I are recently retired; we are seriously considering becoming snowbirds. We are wondering if we can take our pets acros....   Read more...

Rental Fee Correction
Rental Fee Correction - Dear Bird Talk,With regards to your story in the summer issue Re: Chris & Liz Butler, I think that you meant the rental fee was AU$600-700....   Read more...

First Ontario CSA Picnic
First Ontario CSA Picnic - Dear Bird Talk,It was a bright sunny day on Monday, March 15, 2010 when the first Ontario CSA picnic was held at Fort DeSoto Park, Sit....   Read more...

Coren Comments
Coren Comments - Dear Bird Talk,Thank you for printing Michael Coren's column in the summer Issue 75 regarding some Canadians' perception of the United Sta....   Read more...

How long can we stay in the USA?
Posted date : Jul 20, 2010.
How long can we stay in the USA? - I would like some clarification on how long we can stay in the United States. I live in Ontario. Some people tell me six months, while others say ....   Read more...

Arizona Immigration Laws
Arizona Immigration Laws - Dear Bird Talk,We were thinking of visiting Arizona. However, their new "anti-illegal" law is very intimidating. What exactly would count as p....   Read more...

Prohibited Food Items and US Customs
Prohibited Food Items and US Customs - Dear Bird Talk,Before we call out the Panic Police regarding this issue, I'd like to pass on some information. Every year before we leave ....   Read more...

Social Security Numbers and US Credit Cards
Social Security Numbers and US Credit Cards - Dear Bird Talk,Like many snowbirds, I often get asked for my social security number (SSN) for financial purposes, such as applying for cre....   Read more...

Canadian Wines and Wineries
Canadian Wines and Wineries - Dear Bird Talk,As I was reading your magazine from Spring 2010, Issue 74, I came across the Food and Drink section. I was so interested in....   Read more...

Canadian Goverment Health Benefits and Form 8840
Canadian Goverment Health Benefits and Form 8840 - Dear Bird Talk,Regarding the suspension of government health benefits ," how would they know if I was away or home if I don't go to the cl....   Read more...

Can I Legally Work in the USA?
Can I Legally Work in the USA? - Dear Bird Talk,Last January, I purchased a Park Model Trailer in Arizona, where I plan to spend my winters. I own a 4000 psi pressure wash....   Read more...

Consensus on the Retiree Visa
Consensus on the Retiree Visa - I support your upcoming lobby for a Canadian retiree visa.Jerry KristjansonOchre River, MBI support a Canadian Snowbird visa.Pat from OntarioI am ....   Read more...

Joint Tenancy With Right of Survivorship
Joint Tenancy With Right of Survivorship - Dear Bird Talk,Re: Joint tenancy with right of survivorshipMy wife and I purchased a condo in Florida approximately 20 years ago. The deed indicat....   Read more...

Harmonized Sales Tax
Posted date : May 27, 2010.
Harmonized Sales Tax - Dear Bird Talk, I have not seen anything from the snowbird organization commenting on the effect of this tax on seniors?G. WaddenPetawawa,....   Read more...

Declaring Fruit at the Border
Declaring Fruit at the Border - Dear Bird Talk,Just a reminder to not have any fruit in the car when crossing the border. If asked about fruit, and one does not declare ....   Read more...

Licence Plate Programs/Canadian Credit Cards/Provincial Travel Insurance
Licence Plate Programs/Canadian Credit Cards/Provincial Travel Insurance - Dear Bird Talk,Suggest that you would assist snowbirds in Florida if you could integrate this licence plate program with help in getting ser....   Read more...

American ZIP Code Tip
American ZIP Code Tip - Dear Bird Talk, Thanks for the information on the Florida SunPass. When registering online, the system asks for the zip code for both ....   Read more...

Arizona Vehicle Identification Cards
Arizona Vehicle Identification Cards - Dear Bird Talk, Thanks for the e-mail with the information as to location and dates for your winter show/gathering in Greater Phoenix. I ....   Read more...

Credit Card ZIP Code Tip
Credit Card ZIP Code Tip - Dear Bird Talk,Like many other people, I had the problem of not being able to use my credit card at the gas pumps in Florida because I did not....   Read more...

How long can we stay in the USA?
How long can we stay in the USA? - How many months are we allowed to stay in the U.S. coming from Ontario? I have heard six and seven months. Thanks, C. Edmonds Milton....   Read more...

Cross Border Car Purchasing
Cross Border Car Purchasing - Since I have a condo in Florida, I wonder if I can buy a car there and use it in Canada as my normal car, without having to make any transfer.....   Read more...

Form 8840
Form 8840 - Dear Bird Talk,Re: Form 8840Is this form mandatory or a nice-to-do thing?F. HelminkTerrace Bay, ON ; ....   Read more...

Prescription Drugs For Longer Visits
Prescription Drugs For Longer Visits - Dear Bird Talk,Re: the comment submitted by SE Leslie regarding medications over 90 days.I have never had a problem getting 4.5 months of prescrip....   Read more...

Prolonged Stays in the USA/Homeland Security/Income Taxes
Prolonged Stays in the USA/Homeland Security/Income Taxes - I am not sure that the advice you gave William in B.C. is correct regarding prolonged stays in the U.S. with respect to consequences from the U.S. gov....   Read more...

Snowbird Extravaganza for "Mature Lifestyles"
Snowbird Extravaganza for "Mature Lifestyles" - Dear Bird Talk,Re: Snowbird ExtravaganzaYou are billing it as being for "mature lifestyles." What does that mean? Senior citizens? Or do you mean ....   Read more...

Innacurate Information About Florida License Renewal
Innacurate Information About Florida License Renewal - The Snowbird Alert information on page 6 of issue 73 is not accurate. The "renewal" of a Florida driver's license is straightforward. Canadians wh....   Read more...

Bowser and Blue
Bowser and Blue - This was our first year to attend the Canadian Snowbird Meeting in Yuma, Arizona.I wanted to let you know just how much we enjoyed it. The informa....   Read more...

Cross Border Estate Inheritance
Cross Border Estate Inheritance - A few months ago, my brother passed away. Although his will, drawn up in Ontario, clearly specifies that my husband and I are the benefici....   Read more...

Welcome Back to Canada
Posted date : Dec 12, 2009.
Welcome Back to Canada - Dear Bird Talk,On some occasions when returning home after spending the winter months in Texas, we have been greeted by Canadian customs officers at t....   Read more...

Home Insurance
Home Insurance - Dear Bird Talk,Our insurance company requires that the house be checked every two days in order that we are covered. Are there any companies out t....   Read more...

Medipac Staff
Medipac Staff - Dear Bird Talk,We are writing to express our sincere thanks for the excellent service that we received from Medipac employees. Each person with wh....   Read more...

Cuban Cigars
Cuban Cigars - Dear Bird Talk,We have been members of the CSA for years and you have been very informative, interesting and helpful to us.Thought some members would ....   Read more...

Texas ID's
Texas ID's - Dear Bird Talk,We were told by a few agencies in Texas to apply for an ID card. However, on trying this morning to apply, we have found out that the r....   Read more...

More than the 183 days in the US
More than the 183 days in the US - Dear Bird Talk,I would like to know how it affects us Canadians if we stay down in the USA for more than the 183 days.William in BC backgr....   Read more...

Three months of medication in BC
Three months of medication in BC - Dear Bird Talk,We have been members of the Canadian Snowbird Association and do enjoy your quarterly magazine. For 20 years, we have been trav....   Read more...

Renew your license!
Posted date : Sep 22, 2009.
Renew your license! - Dear Bird Talk,Imagine our surprise when my wife was stopped and ticketed for driving without a licence - $400 plus.We had somehow forgotten to su....   Read more...

Alberta Health & Snowbirds
Alberta Health & Snowbirds - Dear Bird Talk,Prior to my move to Saskatchewan, I was a resident of Alberta. In September 2008, I called to let Alberta Health know that ....   Read more...

Travel Destinations
Travel Destinations - Dear Bird Talk,Hello, I'm a widower and the kids are all gone and I'm tired of winter. I'm tempted to just load the dog in the tru....   Read more...

Thank you for publishing my letter
Thank you for publishing my letter - Dear Bird Talk,Thank you for publishing my letter under Bird Talk in the summer 2009 issue of CSANews. I hope it will be of some help to the members.H....   Read more...

Pun Fun, CSA News, summer 2009;
Pun Fun, CSA News, summer 2009; - Dear Bird Talk,Pun Fun, CSA News, summer 2009; "A dyslexic man walks into a bra."How insensitive a comment. Ignorant also comes to mind. D....   Read more...

Banking Fees
Banking Fees - Dear Bird Talk,I have run into banking fees regarding U.S.$ deposits from Canadian banks. Does anyone know of a bank in the Rio Grande Valley whic....   Read more...

CSA Fun & Games
CSA Fun & Games - Dear Bird Talk,While your attempt was to provide humour with your recent issue, someone needs to check the math. Forty million people at one million e....   Read more...

Using Credit Cards in the US
Posted date : Jul 21, 2009.
Using Credit Cards in the US - Dear Bird Talk,I just read in the spring magazine about the problems experienced in Nevada, Arizona and California when using a credit card at service....   Read more...

Using Credit Cards in the US - more...
Using Credit Cards in the US - more... - Dear Bird Talk,Here is another suggestion.  We obtained a Discover credit card in Florida using our winter address, which was completely ....   Read more...

Using Credit Cards in the US - and more...
Using Credit Cards in the US - and more... - Dear Bird Talk,I read the letter from R.D. Burrows in the spring issue of CSA News. We spend the winter in southern Texas and have experienced the sam....   Read more...

Using Credit Cards in the US - and even more...
Using Credit Cards in the US - and even more... - Dear Bird Talk,We travel to Arizona in the winter and also like to use credit cards at the gas pumps.  It took some time for us to be told of a s....   Read more...

Credit Cards in the US - and the real solution is...ATMs?!
Credit Cards in the US - and the real solution is...ATMs?! - Dear Bird Talk, I would like to warn CSA members about using ATMs in the USA, based on my personal experience.  In early March, I attempted to wi....   Read more...

I'm Jack Layton's mother
I'm Jack Layton's mother - Dear Bird Talk,Re: Michael Coren's Guest ColumnI'm Jack Layton's mother – so I have to object to his claiming there are only two intelle....   Read more...

Winter Information Meetings - Prize Winner
Winter Information Meetings - Prize Winner - Dear Mr. Quigley (Medipac Travel Insurance),Thank you very much for the US$500 cheque for the door prize at the Winter Information Meeting in Yuma....   Read more...

Changes Necessary to RRIF Payments for 2008
Posted date : Apr 30, 2009.
Changes Necessary to RRIF Payments for 2008 - Dear Bird Talk,I have been asked by several senior friends as an original CSA member to write to you of our concern regarding what is happening to....   Read more...

Homestead Tax Exemption
Homestead Tax Exemption - Dear Bird Talk,I am a Florida homeowner. Are Canadians eligible to apply for a Homestead Tax Exemption ($25,000) on their property taxes in Fl....   Read more...

Driving Trips in California, Nevada, Arizona
Driving Trips in California, Nevada, Arizona - Dear Bird Talk,Just a word of caution to those of us who travel to Nevada, Arizona and California and use Shell, Chevron, Valero or Di....   Read more...

Driving to Myrtle Beach
Driving to Myrtle Beach - Dear Bird Talk,Having used Medipac Insurance for the past six years for our trips to Myrtle Beach, I received a complimentary issue of your Wi....   Read more...

Banking Overdraft Fees in the U.S.
Banking Overdraft Fees in the U.S. - Dear Bird Talk,Recently, I decided to remove the money I had remaining in my U.S. Royal Bank chequing account because I was returning to Canad....   Read more...

Canada Day Celebrations at Horseshoe Cove R.V. Resort
Canada Day Celebrations at Horseshoe Cove R.V. Resort - Dear bird talk,I could not let this year's Canada Day celebrations, spent here at Horseshoe Cove R.V. Resort, pass without letting you....   Read more...

Comments on Bird Talk Previous Editions
Comments on Bird Talk Previous Editions - Dear Bird Talk,I read with interest two letters in Bird Talk Fall 2008 Edition.The first by Stanley Knight. My comments on his story are as follow....   Read more...

Snowbird Lifestyle Presentations
Snowbird Lifestyle Presentations - Dear Bird Talk,Just a brief comment on the chosen sites for your Lifestyle Presentations. May I suggest that in the future, you might consider....   Read more...

Breast Cancer Treatment
Posted date : Dec 23, 2008.
Breast Cancer Treatment - Dear Bird Talk,Love your magazine and all the information. Re the "breast cancer" article from Mike Pigden – Has no one ever heard of "BRACHYTHE....   Read more...

Insurance Premium and Heart Conditions
Insurance Premium and Heart Conditions - Dear Bird Talk,My wife was diagnosed with a "heart block" – a condition that limited blood flow somewhat, and which required the use of a pa....   Read more...

CSA Member Survey
CSA Member Survey - Dear Bird Talk,Re: the article 'And the survey says' by J. Ross Quigley.In this article, Mr Quigley states the following statistics.Quote: 80%....   Read more...

Frequent Flyer Credit Card
Frequent Flyer Credit Card - Dear Bird Talk,Re: your info in CSANews, would you please tell me how to obtain a frequent flyer credit card. I do have an AIR MILES credit ca....   Read more...

Senior Rates on B.C. Ferries
Senior Rates on B.C. Ferries - Dear Bird Talk,I think you jumped the gun by supporting Stanley Knight over his concern about not getting a senior rate on B.C. Ferries. (BCF). BC....   Read more...

Heart Saving Tests
Heart Saving Tests - Dear Bird Talk,In your CSANews (Fall 2008) magazine, there was on the inside front cover a great article on "Heart Saving Tests" brought by He....   Read more...

Boat Insurance and a Driver's Licence?
Posted date : Sep 19, 2008.
Boat Insurance and a Driver's Licence? - Dear Bird Talk,For your info, I have a story of interest but do not wish to have my name published in the CSANews.A few years ago, I surre....   Read more...

Veteran Rights
Veteran Rights - Dear Bird Talk,Thank you for reminding old soldiers in the Spring 08 CSANews magazine about exercising rights vis-a-vis retirement benefits, p....   Read more...

Florida Driver's Licence and Insurance
Florida Driver's Licence and Insurance - Dear Bird Talk,I read with interest the letters of my snowbird colleagues and would like to offer my experience and opinion.1.) Do we need a Flori....   Read more...

Air Conditioning Costs
Air Conditioning Costs - Dear Bird Talk,I am paying almost $200 a month hydro for my 1,400 sq. ft in Lakeland; the only thing running is the AC, set at 85. We have....   Read more...

Newfoundland Jokes
Newfoundland Jokes - Dear Bird Talk,I want you to know right from the start that I take offence to the word "Newfie." If I ever read another "Newfie" joke in this maga....   Read more...

BC Ferries
BC Ferries - Dear Bird Talk,Recently, we travelled to the province of British Columbia to go over to Victoria. When we stopped at the visitor centre in Bri....   Read more...

Traveling with a Pre-Existing Condition
Traveling with a Pre-Existing Condition - Dear Bird Talk,My wife and I just retired this year and unfortunately shortly afterwards, she was diagnosed with breast cancer. It was success....   Read more...

South Africa
South Africa - Dear Bird Talk,I immigrated to Canada some 40 years ago from Johannesburg, South Africa and it is with great interest that I read the article ....   Read more...

Update on Florida Snowbirds’ Tax Crisis - CSANews, Spring 2008
Posted date : Jul 22, 2008.
Update on Florida Snowbirds’ Tax Crisis - CSANews, Spring 2008 - Kudos to Peter Benedek for his article about Florida’s outrageous property tax system. He gave us all a real perspective of snowbirds continually be....   Read more...

Windsor/Detroit Border Crossing!
Windsor/Detroit Border Crossing! - Making reference to your reply to the letter in issue 66 of CSANews re: Florida Driver’s Licence, I would like to tell you about our experience and,....   Read more...

Things Never Change
Things Never Change - Gentlemen: It's really a shame that fuel economy means so little to automobile manufacturers, when so many people are conscious of how much their own ....   Read more...

What Does it Really Cost?
What Does it Really Cost? - Dear Bird Talk,In the spring issue of CSANews, Mr. Quigley, in his article “What Does it Really Cost?,” refers to “slimy lawyers.” apparently,....   Read more...

Florida Driver’s Licence
Florida Driver’s Licence - Dear Bird Talk,It was with some surprise that I read your article about needing a Florida driver’s licence in order to register a car in Florida. Ov....   Read more...

Car Insurance in the U.S.
Car Insurance in the U.S. - Dear Bird Talk,I thought this info might be of some interest to other snowbirds who might be contemplating purchasing a car in the U.S. My wife and I ....   Read more...

Vehicle Registration in Florida
Vehicle Registration in Florida - Dear Bird Talk,I reference the advice given to John & Debbie Chalmers in the spring 08 issue in the bird talk section. You stated that Florida req....   Read more...

Strong Dollar, High Premiums?
Posted date : May 24, 2008.
Strong Dollar, High Premiums? - Dear Bird Talk:I was interested in reading your Editor's Message in the winter issue of CSANews (issue 65). There is no doubt that the Canadian dollar....   Read more...

Florida Tax Crisis
Florida Tax Crisis - Dear Bird Talk,Just read the Bird Talk letter from David Dillon in CSANews Issue 65. He is quite correct in what he says in his letter about spending ....   Read more...

Non-Residents Driver’s Licence
Non-Residents Driver’s Licence - Dear Bird Talk,At the Detroit border crossing on Oct. 26, 2007, we were unfortunate to get a very officious U.S. border agent by the name of Sanchez. ....   Read more...

Rules of the “Ontario Drug Plan”
Rules of the “Ontario Drug Plan” - Dear Bird Talk,In view of the problems which I recently experienced when attempting to obtain prescription medicine from my pharmacist before leaving ....   Read more...

British Pensioners
British Pensioners - Hello Bird Talk!One of your members has suggested that many other "snowbirds" would be extremely interested to learn about a pension that is available....   Read more...

2008 CSA Member Survey
2008 CSA Member Survey - The 2008 CSA Member Survey is now available online at www.snowbirds.org.Click the link below to open the online survey in a new browser. The questio....   Read more...

Visa Questions at the Border
Posted date : May 22, 2008.
Visa Questions at the Border - Dear Bird Talk,Neighbours from Kelowna recently arrived in Hemet, California and e-mailed to say that the customs officer asked a new question:"Show m....   Read more...

Florida State Tax Discrimination – The Final Word
Florida State Tax Discrimination – The Final Word - Dear Bird Talk,Florida State Tax Discrimination – The Final WordThe printing of the letter from the Office of Citizens Services and your own introdu....   Read more...

Florida Tax Crisis
Florida Tax Crisis - Dear Bird Talk,Re: Letter from Warren Davis Re: Florida Tax Crisis – CSANews Fall 2007Is Governor Charlie Crist really listening? Will his legislati....   Read more...

Property Taxes in Arizona
Property Taxes in Arizona - Dear Bird TalkRe: Florida Tax SituationMy wife and I have been CSA members for several years and we have been fortunate to spend a couple of months in....   Read more...

Right of Survivorship
Right of Survivorship - Dear Bird Talk,Perhaps you think that when a couple has a joint bank account with right of survivorship that no changes will be made after the death o....   Read more...

Medical Coverage for Retired Civil Servants
Medical Coverage for Retired Civil Servants - Dear Bird Talk,I would like to take this opportunity to speak to the letter from R.W. McClure in the summer issue of CSANews regarding the medical cov....   Read more...

Property Taxes
Posted date : Oct 17, 2007.
Property Taxes - Dear Bird Talk,I have just read Peter Benedek's column and, being a property-owning snowbird who keeps up to date with such issues, I am well aware of....   Read more...

Shinglers
Shinglers - Dear Bird Talk,...And now, on a more serious note, the Feature Story on "Infections" in the recent CSANews was interesting – particularly the piece ....   Read more...

Thanks Medipac!
Thanks Medipac! - Dear Bird Talk, Enclosed is our Early Bird Application for our upcoming winter season in Florida.I just wanted to enclose with the application our hea....   Read more...

Mobile Home Parks
Mobile Home Parks - Dear Bird Talk,With reference to Arthur Duncan’s query regarding info for mobile home parks in Arizona, he should write for a list to the Arizona Wi....   Read more...

Medications Crossing the Border
Medications Crossing the Border - Dear Bird Talk, I thought that you would be interested in printing the enclosed information and, by finding out whether other seniors have experienced....   Read more...

Excellent Customer Service
Excellent Customer Service - Dear Bird Talk, I have been talking with Sonia, who was a great pleasure to deal with. She sets a high standard for her colleagues. Because of her I w....   Read more...

Best Cell Phone Plan
Posted date : Aug 07, 2007.
Best Cell Phone Plan - Dear Bird Talk,I learn so much from reading our CSA magazine, plus the sharing of information from our snowbirds via Bird Talk. Is there a way to dete....   Read more...

Canadian Involvement in the Second World War
Canadian Involvement in the Second World War - Dear Bird Talk,When reading the article regarding the “death of four Canadian soldiers” included in the “from the desk of the late Don Slinger,....   Read more...

Snowbird Destinations other than Florida
Snowbird Destinations other than Florida - Dear Bird Talk,We have been Florida snowbirds for the past 10 years but are becoming weary and more and more wary of the general attitude of the Flori....   Read more...

Federal Superannuates Insurance Coverage
Federal Superannuates Insurance Coverage - Dear Bird Talk,It is my understanding from information in a letter to "Bird Talk" included in the latest issue of CSANews, that retired federa....   Read more...

Rental Car Insurance Coverage
Rental Car Insurance Coverage - Dear Bird Talk, We are two of 2,000 in Westwind R.V. Park and many more thousands in 30 other parks in Yuma. We are now aware of a special insurance p....   Read more...

GHIP Reimbursement
Posted date : Jun 06, 2007.
GHIP Reimbursement - Dear Bird Talk,I know you have received many letters regarding out-of-country medical expenses submitted to OHIP, but I thought your readers might be ....   Read more...

Entrance Fee at Extravaganza
Entrance Fee at Extravaganza - Dear Bird Talk,We think there should be a charge for non-members at the Extravaganzas. We went to the one in Lakeland. There were so many people we co....   Read more...

EBay and Paypal Payments
EBay and Paypal Payments - Dear Bird Talk,I am a Canadian spending my winters in Arizona. Last winter I had an eBay account and paid for my purchases through PayPal with a Canad....   Read more...

Florida Homesteaders Exemption
Florida Homesteaders Exemption - Dear Bird Talk:I'm one of the many snowbirds that own a small one-bedroom condo (600 sq. ft.) in Pinellas County, Treasure Island Florida. In the year....   Read more...

CSANews Article: Drive to Bermuda
CSANews Article: Drive to Bermuda - Dear Bird Talk,It was such a pleasure reading "Drive to Bermuda" (in winter issue) CSANews. My late husband and I spent wonderful 3 week holidays ther....   Read more...

CSANews Article: Vision and Hearing
CSANews Article: Vision and Hearing - Dear Bird Talk,I received your winter 2006 issue and enjoyed the articles and information it contained. Being in the eye-care business I was especiall....   Read more...

Importing a Car from the US
Posted date : Jun 01, 2007.
Importing a Car from the US - Dear Bird Talk: I read with great interest Ross Quigley's editorial in your summer 2006 issue of CSANews. Could you possibly relay my comments to h....   Read more...

Money Transfer Issue in the US
Money Transfer Issue in the US - Dear Bird Talk, Please check the following information and alert our fellow Snowbirds of the following problems. I have been trying to transfer ....   Read more...

Canada Club! Interested?
Canada Club! Interested? - Dear Bird Talk, I would like to hear from anyone snowbirding in the Sarasota FL area. I would like to start up a Canadian Club. If you are interest....   Read more...

Federal Superannuates Travel Insurance
Federal Superannuates Travel Insurance - Dear Bird Talk, I enjoy very much reading CSANews as I find it offers new perspectives for senior Canadians. In April 2006 retired federal publi....   Read more...

Health Care Ad Campaign in BC
Health Care Ad Campaign in BC - Dear Bird Talk, Re: Health Care Ad Campaign in British Columbia We are short of doctors. We are short of hospital beds. We need more MRIs. We need....   Read more...

Florida Property Taxes
Posted date : May 30, 2007.
Florida Property Taxes - Dear Bird Talk: I’m a Canadian snowbird that owns a condo in the Broward County (Pompano Beach) in Florida. My property taxes, and those of other....   Read more...

Health Care System
Health Care System - Dear Bird Talk, The article in your magazine, #59 By Dr. Bob MacMillan was interesting and while the author seems to have a handle on the medical sy....   Read more...

When to Call
When to Call - Dear Bird Talk, I am concerned about Medipac travel insurance. The policy on page 2 states as follows: “You or someone on Your behalf (if you a....   Read more...

Pro-Rate Clause
Posted date : May 28, 2007.
Pro-Rate Clause - Dear Bird Talk: Re: the "Pro-Rate Clause" I am compelled to write regarding the "angry letter" received by an "unhappy client". Who did she thin....   Read more...

Driver's License
Driver's License - Dear Bird Talk, I have just had a rather annoying and stressful situation crop up which I am relating to Bird Talk so that other CSA members will b....   Read more...

Thanks Medipac!
Thanks Medipac! - Dear Bird Talk, I am 85 years old and have taken health insurance every year going south for the past 15 years. I often wondered what would happen ....   Read more...

Keep Your Receipts
Keep Your Receipts - Dear Bird Talk, In February, a friend drove me to Orlando and then flew down to drive me home at the end of the month. I booked our accommodations ....   Read more...

Foreign Bank Drafts
Foreign Bank Drafts - Dear Bird Talk, Re: Mr. Gardner's Experience with Bank of America I was very surprised to read Mr. Gardner's letter in the recent issue, since w....   Read more...

Currency Exchange and Transfer
Currency Exchange and Transfer - Dear Bird Talk, I am writing with respect to the Bird Talk on p. 7 of the latest CSANews Spring 2006, Issue 58, about a cash in dispute with an Ame....   Read more...

Travellers' Cheques
Posted date : May 27, 2007.
Travellers' Cheques - Dear Bird Talk: I wonder how many Snowbirds who have bank accounts in Florida realize that the tellers are NOT responsible for cheques??? I have a ....   Read more...

Prostate Cancer Awareness
Prostate Cancer Awareness - Dear Bird Talk, Today I am writing as a self-appointed poster boy for prostate cancer awareness, to male snowbirds across Canada. Many of your r....   Read more...

Warning! Unjust Bank Charges
Warning! Unjust Bank Charges - Dear Sirs: I recently had a disturbing banking experience with Bank of America in Fort Myers, Florida. A normal deposit of $4,000.00 USD from my lo....   Read more...

Reflection on Silver Lake
Reflection on Silver Lake - Dear Bird Talk, I have enclosed a picture of the group of Canadians that winter in Avon Park, Florida. We had a wonderful pot luck dinner, using....   Read more...

Part-time Employment in the US
Posted date : May 25, 2007.
Part-time Employment in the US - Dear Bird Talk, Here are some facts about my current circumstance. I am the president of our co-op condo association. I have also volunteered to ho....   Read more...

Lifestyle Presentation - Halifax
Lifestyle Presentation - Halifax - Dear Bird Talk, Thank you for bringing the Lifestyle Presentation to Halifax. We enjoyed it so much. You have a lot of talent. So nice to see Gordi....   Read more...

Lifestyle Presentation - Peterborough
Lifestyle Presentation - Peterborough - Dear Bird Talk, We are CSA members and attended Peterborough's first CSA presentation on September 22nd. This was absolutely the best CSA extravaga....   Read more...

Medical Conditions - Know Them of All
Medical Conditions - Know Them of All - Dear Bird Talk, This is in response to the member who wrote a letter in the summer edition regarding an Insurance Company that had a clause in its ....   Read more...

Sign Your Cheques
Sign Your Cheques - Dear Bird Talk, The mail is in so I am now reading everything, cover to cover, with great interest in the CSANews Fall Issue 56. Donna Wilson's tip....   Read more...

Accessible Health Care
Posted date : May 23, 2007.
Accessible Health Care - Dear Sirs, Off the road for a couple of days, saw your message (issue 54), so thought I'd assist you in sending them to a very warm place. It will b....   Read more...

Romanow Commission
Romanow Commission - Dear Bird Talk, I appreciate the excellent service my wife and I obtain from our private insurance with Medipac for coverage during our winter sta....   Read more...

Blank Cheques
Blank Cheques - Dear Bird Talk, I have just finished reading your CSANews summer 2005 issue. I enjoy reading all issues. In regards to "Tips to avoid identity thef....   Read more...

Canada News
Canada News - Hi there, Just a note to say thank you for all the years I have been a member of CSA, and also for receiving care and kindness whenever I needed so....   Read more...

Motel Security
Motel Security - Dear Bird Talk, On my drive home from Florida last spring I made it a point to stop overnight, before dark, at a large well-lit center. I was given....   Read more...

Two Tier Health Systems
Posted date : May 20, 2007.
Two Tier Health Systems - Dear Bird Talk, I read the letter from a member that included a letter from their physician saying he was quitting practice because he could no lon....   Read more...

Ontario Healthcare Facilities
Ontario Healthcare Facilities - Dear Bird Talk, I have just spent 2 weeks in one of our Ontario healthcare facilities. I had a really hard time realizing that we are in the 21st c....   Read more...

Competitive Prices
Competitive Prices - Dear Bird Talk, I think it is great that the CSA supports the Medipac Insurance program and vice/versa. It is an important membership benefit to a ....   Read more...

Losing Doctors!
Posted date : May 17, 2007.
Losing Doctors! - Dear Mr. Don Slinger, You sound like a man of action, so this letter is coming to you. If that's not your department, I'm sure you will send it to ....   Read more...

Demographics
Demographics - Dear Bird Talk, Reading the winter issue of CSA News, I noted the various efforts on recruiting new members. After showing the issue to friends, mo....   Read more...

US Medicare
US Medicare - Dear Bird Talk, There has been a drastic increase in Medicare premiums for alien permanent residents (formerly Green Card holders) in the United St....   Read more...

Travel within Canada
Travel within Canada - Dear Bird Talk, My wife and I are members of CSA and I have my Travel Emergency Insurance with Medipac for U.S. travel (5 months). We will be in....   Read more...

Thanks Medipac!
Posted date : May 16, 2007.
Thanks Medipac! - Dear Medipac, Thank you very much for mailing pictures of our house in Maple Leaf Estates, Port Charlotte, Florida, taken after the destruction of ....   Read more...

Hurricane Pictures
Hurricane Pictures - Dear Medipac, My sincere thanks to you and your organization for the excellent pictures of our unit in Florida. We were down 4 weeks ago and made m....   Read more...

CSANews Content
CSANews Content - Dear Mr. Brissenden, I have been a member for several years because I believe in the goals and have benefited, in many ways, from my CSA membership....   Read more...

Don Slinger Column
Don Slinger Column - Dear Bird Talk, We are members of the CSA and have always enjoyed your magazine, from humour to serious information. However, I don't think I have ....   Read more...

US Social Security Number
Posted date : May 15, 2007.
US Social Security Number - Dear Bird Talk, Our friends got a U.S. Social Security number. When I asked them what the advantages of having a U.S. number were, they simply said....   Read more...

Health Care Premium
Health Care Premium - Dear Bird Talk, I have written to my MPP and voiced my objection to the health care premium recently announced in Ontario and I wanted to pass this....   Read more...

Check Your Nuts and Bolts
Check Your Nuts and Bolts - Dear Bird Talk, We are members of the CSA and read with interest your publication. One new point of interest to members may be regarding car/van....   Read more...

Medicare and Mobility Rights
Medicare and Mobility Rights - Dear Bird Talk, Now that the "new" government is in place, I trust that the CSA will lobby strongly to have the provisions requiring a Canadian to ....   Read more...

Distribution of CSANews
Posted date : May 10, 2007.
Distribution of CSANews - Dear Mr. Gerald Brissenden Our best wishes on your appointment as president of CSA. Thank you for dedicating your time and effort to the associatio....   Read more...

Hospital Bills - Negotiate Them!
Hospital Bills - Negotiate Them! - Dear Bird Talk, My husband and I spend winters in Hemet, CA, and both of us have had to have medical attention there, at our own expense. I was ....   Read more...

Reputable Gas Stations
Reputable Gas Stations - Dear Sir or Madam; Coming home to Canada from Florida this spring, I had a bad experience. I stopped for gas as we came along Highway 10, between I....   Read more...

Vacation Rentals
Posted date : May 05, 2007.
Vacation Rentals - Dear Bird Talk, As a member of CSA, I was hoping to get some information. I would like to rent a condo in south Florida next winter and am wonderi....   Read more...

Foreign Investment in Real Property
Posted date : May 05, 2007.
Foreign Investment in Real Property - Dear Bird Talk, In your last publication you published an article entitled "Changes in Foreign Investment in Real Property Tax Act" and stated that....   Read more...

Political Advertisements
Posted date : May 02, 2007.
Political Advertisements - Dear Bird Talk, I was very surprised to see an ad for the Ontario PC Party on the back page of the Fall issue of CSANews. I don't believe it is in....   Read more...

Tax Breaks
Tax Breaks - Dear Bird Talk, I read your article about Ontario leading the way for TAX BREAKS FOR SENIORS. In fact BC HAS HAD THE SENIOR PROPERTY TAX BREAK ON E....   Read more...

Nexus Lane
Nexus Lane - Dear Bird Talk, Further to my discussions with your office about whether to use the Nexus Lane or not, I have taken your advice and talked to 2 dif....   Read more...

CSANews: Fun and Games
Posted date : Apr 25, 2007.
CSANews: Fun and Games - Dear Bird Talk; My favourite section of the CSA magazine has always been the Fun & Games page. However, I am disappointed in the summer issue. Two....   Read more...

Vehicle Insurance and Licensing
Vehicle Insurance and Licensing - Dear Bird Talk, I spend four winter months in Florida and am getting tired of the return drive. I'd like to fly and buy a car in Florida to keep th....   Read more...

Border Crossing with Children
Border Crossing with Children - Dear Bird Talk, We are planning a short trip across the border to visit with our daughter and her family. We intend to bring along our great-grands....   Read more...

Travel Insurance Rates: "It's Just Not Fair"
Travel Insurance Rates: "It's Just Not Fair" - Dear Bird Talk, Thank you very much for listening to my "It's Just Not Fair" complaint about Medipac rates concerning former Aneurysm patients. I h....   Read more...

Travel Insurance Rates and the US Dollar
Posted date : Apr 20, 2007.
Travel Insurance Rates and the US Dollar - Dear Bird Talk, I hope that the 2003/2004 rates are going to reflect the increase in the Canadian dollar against the US$. Thank you. Leo Audett....   Read more...

Medipac
Medipac - Dear Mr. Quigley, I do not have any suggestions to improve Medipac. I am quite happy with the way it is working and the service it provides...I am ....   Read more...

Early Bird Plan Timing
Early Bird Plan Timing - Dear Bird Talk, We are one of the couples who purchase extra insurance for our winter trip south. The only problem I have is with the Early Bird Pl....   Read more...

Fedreal Superannuate Surcharge
Fedreal Superannuate Surcharge - Gentlemen: Re: $40.00 Surcharge With regard to your CSA News article regarding the $40.00 surcharge that Medipac adds to their out-of-province hea....   Read more...

Driver's License for Trailers
Posted date : Apr 15, 2007.
Driver's License for Trailers - Dear Bird Talk, Further to my conversation with Ellen White at the Texas Snowbird Show. As I explained to you at that time, I was informed by m....   Read more...

Snowbird Rule: Trading Stocks from the US
Snowbird Rule: Trading Stocks from the US - Dear Bird Talk, I'm finding out much to my chagrin, that it is illegal for Value Line, an arm of the RBC and with whom I have my portfolio, to allo....   Read more...

Bringing Meat Across the Border
Bringing Meat Across the Border - Dear Bird Talk, We returned to Canada on April 7 after our winter in Arizona, crossing at the Coutts, Alberta/Sweetgrass, Montana border station. W....   Read more...

Continued Membership
Posted date : Apr 12, 2007.
Continued Membership - Dear Ellen White, Thank you for this letter and the Travel Insurance Guide which arrived in today's mail. I do not anticipate any out of provin....   Read more...

Snowbird Lifestyle Presentations
Snowbird Lifestyle Presentations - Dear Mrs. White, My wife and I attended the Snowbird Lifestyle Presentation in Kitchener September 23rd. It was the very best presentation yet. ....   Read more...

PSA Test Should be FREE
PSA Test Should be FREE - Dear Bird Talk, A number of years ago I had an ileostomy, which has rendered it impossible for me to have a rectal digital prostate exam and my onl....   Read more...

Government Can Break the Law with Impunity?
Government Can Break the Law with Impunity? - Dear Sir, My wife and I winter in Arizona for health reasons, and this past winter I had bronchitis and was treated by a doctor, at a clinic, at a ....   Read more...

Travel Insurance for Non-US Destinations
Travel Insurance for Non-US Destinations - Dear Bird Talk, I was really pleased to see "Cuba a new option for seniors" which will now permit me to enjoy winter sun, provided I can get travel....   Read more...

Randy Brooks
Posted date : Apr 09, 2007.
Randy Brooks - Dear Bird Talk,We attended the CSA program in Kitchener last night, and want to thank you for all the effort that went into presenting the program. We....   Read more...

Western Shows
Western Shows - Dear Bird Talk,We were wondering why there are no Snowbird Lifestyle Presentations out in the west? We are new CSA members living in Edmonton, and wou....   Read more...

Angels Come in All Shapes and Sizes
Angels Come in All Shapes and Sizes - Dear Bird Talk,"Angels come in all shapes and sizes"A wonderful experience happened to us while travelling back north for the summer, we were on I-79 ....   Read more...

Percutaneous Vertebroplasty
Percutaneous Vertebroplasty - Dear Sir,In the winter 2000 issue you had an article under Health & Wellness pertaining to the procedure "percutaneous vertebroplasty" which was a....   Read more...

Martin Downs Golf & Country
Martin Downs Golf & Country - Dear Bird Talk,Enclosed please find a photo taken on our "Canada Day" in February at our golf club Martin Downs Golf & Country Club in Palm City F....   Read more...

Royal Canadian Legion
Royal Canadian Legion - Dear Don Slinger,Regarding the gentleman who just received a disability pension through the Royal Canadian Legion. The Legion not only carries out gre....   Read more...

AGM
Posted date : Apr 06, 2007.
AGM - Committee chair, I have been a snowbird member since its inception and believe it to be a great organization for the snowbird population. I would howe....   Read more...

CSANews: Puzzles
Posted date : Apr 06, 2007.
CSANews: Puzzles - Dear Bird Talk, Some time ago, when you started a puzzle page, I wrote you and asked if you or your readers, had a copy of a puzzle "who owns the tige....   Read more...

Your Favourite Volunteers
Posted date : Apr 05, 2007.
Your Favourite Volunteers - Dear Bird Talk, Thank you, CSA members and non-members from Canada and Florida, who recently voted us "Your Favourite Volunteers."When Medipac invited....   Read more...

Coming Back Across the Border, AGRRR!
Coming Back Across the Border, AGRRR! - Dear Bird Talk,Up to now, we have been reluctant to join your group, preferring to stay on the sidelines, but our recent return to Canada has forced a....   Read more...

Fraud Safety Precaution
Fraud Safety Precaution - Dear Bird Talk,A SAFETY PRECAUTIONPlace the contents of your wallet on a photocopy machine, do both sides of each licence, credit card, etc. You will ....   Read more...

Auto Insurance: How Much is Enough?
Posted date : Apr 03, 2007.
Auto Insurance: How Much is Enough? - Dear Bird Talk,When renewing my automobile insurance, the agent recommended that anyone travelling south should carry five million dollars of liabilit....   Read more...

Standard General Election Date
Standard General Election Date - Dear Bird Talk,Am I missing something here, or are you and some CSA members spending too much time in the United States and thus losing touch with our....   Read more...

Spain Canada Club!?
Spain Canada Club!? - Dear Bird Talk,Thank you for your recent article on Barcelona! My wife and I are transatlantic snowbirds and hibernate in Spain. Our nest is in Oliva ....   Read more...

CANPASS Clarification
CANPASS Clarification - Paul Jenkins, CSA's vice-president, advised us that there has been some misunderstanding of the CANPASS program.CANPASS is a photo identification card....   Read more...

CSANews: Fast Facts
Posted date : Apr 01, 2007.
CSANews: Fast Facts - Dear Bird Talk,The item: "Canada Trust MasterCard (travel medical insurance) Bites The Dust," based on the information I have, is only partly true. Th....   Read more...

Standard Election Dates
Standard Election Dates - Dear Bird Talk,Your Spring Issue 38 makes reference to voting problems experienced by our CSA members in November 2000.I have a degree of understandin....   Read more...

Advanced tickets
Advanced tickets - Dear Bird Talk,I just had to write to express my deep disappointment with the C.S.A.Every year we look forward to attending the Snowbird Extravaganza ....   Read more...

Email Machine
Posted date : Mar 09, 2007.
Email Machine - Dear Bird Talk,Last winter while in Panama City Beach, I purchased an e-mail machine. This machine is for sending and receiving e-mails only. I found ....   Read more...

Telephone Bills
Telephone Bills - Dear Bird Talk:I owe you a big thank you. Two years ago, AT&T was my long-distance server in Florida. They advertised 7cents a minute, and I was c....   Read more...

Beware of OHIP Coverage when Travelling
Beware of OHIP Coverage when Travelling - Dear Bird Talk:I hope you will consider alerting other snowbirds to a terrible experience we had down south this winter.My friend was not feeling well....   Read more...

PSA Test
Posted date : Mar 08, 2007.
PSA Test - Dear Bird Talk:I have just received via snail mail the winter issue of CSA News. The article on Prostate Specific Antigen Test (PSA) is, in my opinion....   Read more...

Elections Canada
Elections Canada - Dear Bird Talk,As a snowbird going to Florida for five months each year we felt discriminated against in the federal election.We were in Florida when ....   Read more...

Elections Canada
Elections Canada - Dear Bird Talk:Thank you for the wonderful show and meeting in Yuma, AZ. We get great joy in being updated on home after being away from our homeland ....   Read more...

Winter Texans' Snowbird Extravaganza
Posted date : Mar 07, 2007.
Winter Texans' Snowbird Extravaganza - Dear Bird Talk: We are all aware that the letter "C" (as in C.S.A) stands for "CANADIAN", and as such I would like to comment on the remarks appearing....   Read more...

10% Withholding Tax on Property Sales
Posted date : Mar 07, 2007.
10% Withholding Tax on Property Sales - Dear Bird Talk;RE: Bird Talk Follow-Up on the Florida 10% withholding tax on property sales.In reference to the letter from R.A. Jobber in Issue 35, w....   Read more...

Thank You Medipac
Posted date : Mar 06, 2007.
Thank You Medipac - Dear Sir:For the past 16 years I have spent my winter in Florida, and last year 1999-2000, I was covered with your insurance carrier (Medipac Travel M....   Read more...

Selling Property in the US
Posted date : Mar 05, 2007.
Selling Property in the US - Dear Birdtalk, Do you have information regarding taxes (both U.S. & Canadian) when a Canadian sells a condo in Florida? Also, I heard there is a t....   Read more...

Speed Traps
Speed Traps - Dear Bird Talk:Thank you for your warning of speed traps in Florida.You may want to advise your readers that the province of New Brunswick has embarke....   Read more...

Donate your CSANews
Donate your CSANews - Dear Bird Talk:I would like to suggest that fellow snowbirds donate their old CSA magazines to hospitals and doctors offices rather than throw them ou....   Read more...

8840 Form
8840 Form - Dear Birdtalk, In our Park in Mesa, Arizona, there are several Canadians who do not complete form 8840, the "Closer Connection Exception Statement for....   Read more...

Savings in Arizona
Posted date : Mar 04, 2007.
Savings in Arizona - Dear Bird Talk, We hope you pass these savings along to our fellow snowbirds.For those planning to winter in Arizona, may we suggest you visit our par....   Read more...

I Have a New Laptop!
I Have a New Laptop! - Dear Bird Talk,I am a Lifetime Member of CSA (and) I have a new IBM laptop (my first computer) which I will take to Florida. I am so happy to discover....   Read more...

CSA Website Accessibility
CSA Website Accessibility - Dear Bird Talk,As members of CSA, we object to the fact that we are apparently unable to access your (our) Web site at AOL since we don't subscribe to....   Read more...

CSANews Arrival Time
CSANews Arrival Time - Dear Bird Talk,The Fall 1999, Issue 33, was received yesterday, October 28, 1999. We winter in Arizona leaving at the beginning of November as most sn....   Read more...

68 Cents US
68 Cents US - Dear Bird Talk, Ref: Fall 99, Issue 33, page 22.Dave Hunter says the Canadian dollar is valued between 65 and 68 cents U.S. - that surely is the value....   Read more...

Rate Category
Posted date : Mar 03, 2007.
Rate Category - Dear Bird Talk,I have been a member of CSA for many years and have been insured by Medipac without claim.There is one facet of my dealings with Medipa....   Read more...

Read Your Policy
Read Your Policy - Dear Bird Talk,I appreciate the opportunity to alert your readers to the unfortunate experience I encountered with an insurance company named Pure Ins....   Read more...

Money Orders
Money Orders - Dear Bird Talk,Re: Summer 1999 issue, page 11.I also had the same problems as Kenneth Ramsay. A teller in St. Pete's, Florida told me, a Canadian mone....   Read more...

Mail Forward
Mail Forward - Dear Bird Talk,Thank you for the latest CSA Special Report, which arrived recently. Having been visitors to Florida on a regular basis, each winter si....   Read more...

Great Association and Events
Posted date : Mar 02, 2007.
Great Association and Events - Dear Bird Talk, Please find enclosed our cheque for $15.00 for our membership for 1999-2000 term. We attended the Canadian Extravaganza in Palm S....   Read more...

LOVELACE AUTO SERVICE
LOVELACE AUTO SERVICE - Dear Bird Talk, On April 13/99, as we were returning home from Florida, we had a medical emergency while stopped at the CITGO gas station, LOVELACE....   Read more...

Donate your CSANews
Donate your CSANews - Dear Bird Talk, I would like to suggest that fellow snowbirds donate their old CSA magazines to hospitals and doctors' offices, rather than throw t....   Read more...

Help a Friend
Help a Friend - Dear Bird Talk, It is my pleasure to submit for membership, Mr. & Mrs. Fred Konkin, whose application form is attached. Mr. Konkin is the retired C....   Read more...

Government Insurance Benefits
Government Insurance Benefits - Dear Bird Talk, Every time we receive CSA News, we make it a point to read all the interesting articles from cover to cover and we wish to thank yo....   Read more...

Cigarettes at Extravaganza '99
Posted date : Mar 01, 2007.
Cigarettes at Extravaganza '99 - Dear Bird Talk, We have been members of CSA for the past seven years and also use some of the services. We are generally in agreement and apprecia....   Read more...

New Zealand
New Zealand - Dear Bird Talk, I have just returned from New Zealand where I spent a second winter in that country. Hence, I would like to start a Canadian chapte....   Read more...

Medical Evacuation
Medical Evacuation - Dear Bird Talk, I feel the following letter would be helpful to all snowbirds if it were printed in the CSA News. It might keep them from making th....   Read more...

"Old Folks!"
"Old Folks!" - Dear Bird Talk, As Lifetime Members, Holly and I would like to thank you very much for the crests, booklets and pins that we received recently. Bot....   Read more...