CSA Articles / Food and Drink

Back  

Meatballs - Spicing Up and Old Favourite
Posted date : Sep 02, 2011.
Meatballs - Spicing Up and Old Favourite - I love to look for ways to please my family and friends at dinner parties, all the while keeping within a reasonable budget. For cocktail-style events....   Read more...

Bulgur
Posted date : Jul 08, 2011.
Bulgur - I've been revelling in the beauty of bulgur of late. Bulgur is unappreciated and underrated and spelled in a variety of ways, such as bulgar&#....   Read more...

Amazing Avacados
Posted date : May 06, 2011.
Amazing Avacados - There are three foods that I eat every day - an orange, yogurt and an avocado.The avocado gets a bad rap! That's because it is high in fat... ....   Read more...

Kale
Posted date : Dec 16, 2010.
Kale - Bitterness is a taste sensation I enjoy both in food and in wine. Black olives, walnuts, spinach and radicchio are all ingredients I put into salads, ....   Read more...

The Undiscovered Superfood
Posted date : Sep 17, 2010.
The Undiscovered Superfood - I eat yogurt every day because it's good for me and I love it; I keep a tub of fat-free, plain yogurt in the refrigerator because I have yet to ma....   Read more...

Exploding Garlic
Posted date : Jul 20, 2010.
Exploding Garlic - When writing recipes for my columns and cookbooks, I often focus on the use of fresh and quality ingredients. But a recipe's process is just a....   Read more...

The Power of Nuts
Posted date : May 27, 2010.
The Power of Nuts - I've been exploring more vegetarian dishes and recipes of late in an attempt to reduce my family's intake of flesh. Nuts have become of inte....   Read more...

Olive Oil
Posted date : Dec 12, 2009.
Olive Oil - Olive oil is good for our health. It is the only oil that can be consumed fresh from the fruit. It is high in monounsaturated fatty acids and antioxid....   Read more...

Grains: Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
Posted date : Sep 22, 2009.
Grains: Chicken Cacciatore Recipe - My husband and I had dinner at the home of a good friend of mine, Cathy Ruggieri-Davidson, who is originally from southern Italy.  She se....   Read more...

Healthy Pizza and Wine
Posted date : Jul 21, 2009.
Healthy Pizza and Wine - I love barbecues, and I crave pizza.  So, I like to combine this cooking method and comfort food into one course.  Barbecued pizza c....   Read more...

Going Healthy with Comfort
Posted date : Apr 30, 2009.
Going Healthy with Comfort - Going Healthy with ComfortI love pairing wine with family dishes and comfort food recipes. But in my wanting to drop a few pounds (my husband would di....   Read more...

Mastery of Holiday Entertaining
Posted date : Dec 23, 2008.
Mastery of Holiday Entertaining - There's mastery to holiday entertaining. You don't have to be extravagant. The key is in mastering the art of getting organized.A few guidelin....   Read more...

Reds Like Cool Weather Too!
Posted date : Sep 19, 2008.
Reds Like Cool Weather Too! - Some wine enthusiasts believe that red-wine grape varieties prefer warm climates.  It is true that certain reds like the heat.  But other va....   Read more...

Pairing Potato Salad with Wine
Posted date : Jul 22, 2008.
Pairing Potato Salad with Wine - The potato salad is no doubt the most convenient and easiest side dish to make to accompany barbecued seafood, poultry, pork and beef. Wine-lo....   Read more...

Planking Secrets
Posted date : May 24, 2008.
Planking Secrets - For several years now, I've loved to barbecue cedar-planked salmon.  Cedar-planked salmon offers delicious smoky flavours that harmonize ....   Read more...

Gazpacho
Posted date : May 22, 2008.
Gazpacho - The holiday season has passed, and it's time to get back into shape – more veggies, fewer carbohydrates and less fat. If you're hang....   Read more...

Super Foods
Posted date : Oct 17, 2007.
Super Foods - When I was a kid, my mom would always repeat, "Eat your spinach. It's good for you." Somehow, my mom knew instinctively that spinach w....   Read more...

Healthy Hors d’Oeuvres and Matching Wines
Posted date : Aug 07, 2007.
Healthy Hors d’Oeuvres and Matching Wines - Hors d'oeuvres are an important element in entertaining, creating the mood, pace and style of the evening ahead. These tiny bites can be s....   Read more...

Wine Pairing
Posted date : Jun 06, 2007.
Wine Pairing - Grilling and WineThe beginning of spring is heralded by the return of the robin, the blooming of the forsythia and the uncovering and cleaning of ....   Read more...