Can I Legally Work in the USA?

Summer 2010 CSANews Issue 75  |   Posted date : Jul 20, 2010.Back to list

Bird talk - Le Jaseur
Dear Bird Talk,

Last January, I purchased a Park Model Trailer in Arizona, where I plan to spend my winters. I own a 4000 psi pressure washer and I thoroughly cleaned my driveway; next, I painted the driveway with epoxy paint and sealer. It turned out great. I have several people who want to hire me to do their driveways. I would be paid $500.00 per driveway. Can I legally do this when I am a Canadian citizen?

D. House

Response :
Ed: This is definitely a NO. It is illegal to work in the United States without the proper green card or another working visa. You may get away with it without being caught, but if a complaint is made, you could end up in jail and/or barred from the U.S. The risk is far too high.

Back to list | More articles