Getting an extension on six month Visa

Spring 2015 CSANews Issue 94  |   Posted date : Jun 16, 2015.Back to list

Bird talk - Le Jaseur
Dear Bird Talk,
My wife has been undergoing chemo and radiation treatments in Florida. These treatments have consumed most of the six months on our visa. There are now followup scans and consolidation chemo treatments. How do we get an extension to the six-month visa?
David Woodruff

Response :
Ed.: We have found that the INS (Immigration and Naturalization Service) has been very helpful when dealing with compassionate issues. I suggest that you call the local office, tell them your story and ask for an extension of your verbal B2 visa. They should guide you through the process and I am almost certain that you will get approval. Make sure that you keep copies of your request with you.

Back to list | More articles