I-194 Form

Spring 2016 CSANews Issue 98  |   Posted date : Jul 15, 2016.Back to list

Bird talk - Le Jaseur
Just received the I-194 Form from a past conviction 40 years ago. My wife and I just crossed at Calgary on our way to Vegas. My passport was stamped February 26-August 23 – can we go to Arizona in November for 90 days? Really confused…been travelling back and forth for many years.

Thomas T.
Airdrie, AB

Response :
Ed.: This is an impossible question to answer definitively. You have been granted a B2 Visitor Visa and have been permitted to remain in the United States for up to six months, as indicated by the stamp on your passport. If you do not stay in the U.S. for the entire six-month period, you MAY be permitted to enter the U.S. again for a limited period of time within the 12 months following your first border crossing on February 26. However, that will be up to the discretion of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Officer who interviews you when you try to cross the border. It’s up to the CBP Officer 100% of the time; period.

Back to list | More articles