Four-month Stay in the U.S.

Summer 2016 CSANews Issue 99  |   Posted date : Jul 20, 2016.Back to list

Bird talk - Le Jaseur
Any further information about a rumour that Canadians who have property in the U.S. and stay for longer than four months in a calendar year are deemed to pay income tax, the same as an American citizen would?

Also, any news about the visitor visa for Canadian seniors?

Stan S.

Response :
Ed.: Nonsense! Don’t believe any of these rumours. You can simply call the CSA lines and they will give you the real facts about most things and can provide an update regarding the snowbird visa, but that is already addressed later in this issue. Make sure that you file that 8840 form, every year.

Back to list | More articles