Quick trip back

Fall 2018 CSANews Issue 108  |   Posted date : Sep 06, 2018.Back to list

Bird talk - Le Jaseur
If I flew back to Canada after three months in the U.S., then boarded a plane the following day to return for another two months, would I run into any problem with CBP?

Helen Morgan
Fort Macleod, AB

Response :
Ed.: This is a great question and the answer is “No”, everything would be fine. You are normally allowed to come and go as you please. We actually have recommended this in the past to reduce your insurance costs. Three months plus two months can incur a substantially lower cost than five months. Also, many people have 40-, 60- or 90-day plans from work. If these have very good limits ($1 million plus) and good terms, you may not have to buy insurance at all.

Back to list | More articles