Form 8840

Fall 2018 CSANews Issue 108  |   Posted date : Sep 06, 2018.Back to list

Bird talk - Le Jaseur
A question about line 1 in the form 8840, what to enter as a snowbird going for 150 days? What type of U.S. visa (for example, F, J, M, etc.) and date you entered the United States....

Mike Mares
Ottawa, ON

Response :
Ed.: As a snowbird, with no intention of working in the U.S., you enter on a "B2" Visa. This is normally done verbally as you pass through U.S. Customs and Immigration and allows you to stay for up to six months.

Back to list | More articles