Enhanced driver’s licence

Fall 2009 CSANews Issue 72  |  Posted date : Sep 22, 2009.Back to list

The new enhanced driver's licence (EDL) will get you across the border by land, but not by air. Therefore, if you travel to the U.S. by car, then encounter an unforeseen emergency (such as a medical problem or urgent family matter), you will not be able to return to Canada by air with an EDL alone. All the more reason to ensure that you have an up-to-date passport. it's the smart thing to do!