Permanent Resident Card for Non-Canadian Citizens

Spring 2003 CSANews Issue 46  |  Posted date : Apr 15, 2007.Back to list

Permanent residents of Canada who travel abroad and wish to re-enter Canada must have a valid Permanent Resident Card (PRC). Residents who became after June 28, 2002 should have automatically received their cards; if you received your Permanent Resident status before that date, you will have to apply for your card from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). They will be processing applications according to the year of landing and hope to complete the process by October 2003.

You can get the application form on the CIC Web site at or by calling the PR Card call centre at 1-800-255-4541.