Receipts for Dances?

Winter 2016 CSANews Issue 101  |   Posted date : Dec 12, 2016.Back to list

Bird talk - Le Jaseur
Our mobile park dance committee would like to charge $10 admission for our dances. Someone mentioned that receipts had to be given to the Canadians if they were to charge $10. I would like to know what kind of receipts should be given, or if it is even necessary to give any kind of receipts.

Leo P
Edmonton, AB

Response :
Ed.: Well, that’s a new one on me. There is no reason whatsoever to give anyone a receipt, Canadian or not. A receipt might be required to claim a tax deduction for some reason, but not for a dance. If someone wants to claim some weird deduction, then ask them to put the request in writing with the reasons. That should make it go away.

Back to list | More articles