Form 8840

Spring 2017 CSANews Issue 102  |   Posted date : Mar 13, 2017.Back to list

Bird talk - Le Jaseur
I am in the U.S. for approximately 80 days each year so do not need to file the form, but is there any downside to filing in any case, just for peace of mind?

Paul Rosenberg
Vancouver, BC

Response :
Ed: CSA recommends filing if you stay for longer than three months in the U.S. There is certainly no downside if you decide to file the 8840 when you spend less time. We believe in “peace of mind.”

Back to list | More articles