CSANews Issue 68 / Bird Talk

Issue 68 Fall 2008
Back  

Air Conditioning Costs
Posted date : Sep 19, 2008.
Air Conditioning Costs - Dear Bird Talk,I am paying almost $200 a month hydro for my 1,400 sq. ft in Lakeland; the only thing running is the AC, set at 85. We have....   Read more...

Newfoundland Jokes
Newfoundland Jokes - Dear Bird Talk,I want you to know right from the start that I take offence to the word "Newfie." If I ever read another "Newfie" joke in this maga....   Read more...

Veteran Rights
Veteran Rights - Dear Bird Talk,Thank you for reminding old soldiers in the Spring 08 CSANews magazine about exercising rights vis-a-vis retirement benefits, p....   Read more...

BC Ferries
BC Ferries - Dear Bird Talk,Recently, we travelled to the province of British Columbia to go over to Victoria. When we stopped at the visitor centre in Bri....   Read more...

Boat Insurance and a Driver's Licence?
Boat Insurance and a Driver's Licence? - Dear Bird Talk,For your info, I have a story of interest but do not wish to have my name published in the CSANews.A few years ago, I surre....   Read more...

Florida Driver's Licence and Insurance
Florida Driver's Licence and Insurance - Dear Bird Talk,I read with interest the letters of my snowbird colleagues and would like to offer my experience and opinion.1.) Do we need a Flori....   Read more...

Traveling with a Pre-Existing Condition
Traveling with a Pre-Existing Condition - Dear Bird Talk,My wife and I just retired this year and unfortunately shortly afterwards, she was diagnosed with breast cancer. It was success....   Read more...

South Africa
South Africa - Dear Bird Talk,I immigrated to Canada some 40 years ago from Johannesburg, South Africa and it is with great interest that I read the article ....   Read more...